Wednesday 8 December 2010

New baby

So my friends Nikki and Pete have had their first baby - a little girl!


Pete is on a photography course at the moment and asked me to make a little hat for the new arrival - which I have - pictures taken by me (rather than him at the moment)!






It's essentially two knitted rectangles stitched together, and then a crocheted flower added as an embellishment. The rectangles are made as follows: Baby DK yarn: CO 40st on to 4mm needles, work 5 rows in 2x2 rib, then work a further 25 rows in stocking stitch. Cast off.  Repeat so you have two identical rectangles then stitch together.

The flower is made by starting with a magic ring - 5DC in to magic ring... ch3, 2tc in to first stitch, 1slst in to same stitch - repeat for all 5 stitches. Fasten off and then attach to hat using a small button as an anchor.

It took me about an hour or so and I'm really pleased with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment